Horizon works exclusively with RentCollect Global, though some files may be at other agencies if the files predated 1/1/2016. HRA receives a 65/35 split on all files sent to collections as part of this agreement.
Horizon Collection Policy
- All files that are (A) over $50 owing and (B) more than 45 days past their Final Statement date must be either in collections OR have a payment agreement in place.
- All payment agreements must:
- Have a payment schedule with amounts and due dates.
- Contain wording that if a payment is missed, the remaining balance can be forwarded to collections without delay. Partial payments do not eliminate the possibility of collection agency utilization.
- Be scanned and uploaded to the resident account.
- Have an entry on the activity log with the details of the agreement.
- Skips should be send for collections immediately after the final statement is completed.
- No file can be placed with multiple collection agencies.
Realpage/Onesite – Collections are fully integrated with RentCollect Global and will transfer at the 45 day mark automatically unless the site manually removes it from integration by marking as having a payment agreement/exclude from collections.
Entrata – Collections are partially integrated with RentCollect Global and must have the transfer manually triggered at the 45 day mark.
Here is a video with basic information about our agreement with RentCollect Global and how to navigate through their website. https://youtu.be/nsp-vr-Ri_g